Change note (12/2018)
Please note that an update of the embedded viewer technology is planned in 2019 to overcome the currently known issues (see below). The CADDY-xml embedded viewer will no longer be part of the submission package.
It will be replaced with the eSubmission viewer and a CADDY-xml viewer module. You can download and test the eSubmission viewer already now to prepare for this change.
The CADDY-xml embedded viewer visualizes a CADDY-xml submission in a web browser. The viewer is part of the submission package in the subdirectory "utils", hence it is called "embedded". Prior to viewer version 03.06.02, the viewer has not been treated as separate asset (it was bundled with the CADDY-xml converter) and hence has not been properly versioned.
Please note that the XSD is not part of the embedded viewer distribution.
- Download page for current embedded CADDY-xml viewer version
- Download page for outdated embedded CADDY-xml viewer versions
The embedded CADDY-xml viewer is an application that was designed to be launched in a webbrowser, by opening the index.html file in the root of the submission package. Due to enforced security constraints in the past years there have been issues reported with later browser versions.
The eSubmission viewer can also open CADDY-xml dossiers and overcomes some of those limitations. The screenshot below shows a CADDY dossier
As with CADDY-xml format specification 03.07.01, every version of a CADDY-xml submission contains an embedded viewer. The contents of the zip file has to be extracted:
- The index.html file has to be put in the root folder of the version next to the caddy.xml file.
- The other files have to be put into the utils subfolder, including their respective subfolders
- The utils folder must also contain the XSD file for the CADDY-xml version (e.g. caddy_03-06-00.xsd) and can have additional files and subfolders (e.g. the toc subfolder).
To start the embedded viewer in the web browser doubleclick the index.html file.
For more details about the viewer see the current CADDY-xml specification.
- Option A) Use FireFox or Internet Explorer browsers - eventually try older versions
Option B) Start browsers with disabled web security settings (only for this specific purpose to open a CADDY-xml dossier !):
- Commandline example for Chrome: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="C:/tmp/chromeDevSession" --disable-web-security