This page is intended to provide up-to date information about the ECPA eSubmission builder. The information heavily depends on the feedback of the users of the builder, so please share your findings:
- Current scope and limitations
- Known and reported bugs (please ghsts_supportecpa [dot] eu (subject: Builder%20-%20Bug%20Report) (report bugs) to the development team)
- Raised feature requests (please ghsts_supportecpa [dot] eu (subject: Builder%20-%20Feature%20Request) (report feature request) for essential features)
If you are not sure about your observations, please ghsts_supportecpa [dot] eu (subject: Builder%20-%20Support%20Request) (contact the eSubmission builder help desk).
The latest release is version 0.9.1 released on June 4th, 2020.
If you use a previous version, please make sure to update before you report any errors. We may release patch versions if critical errors occur.
Current scope and limitations
The following limitations are known, a fix or extension was out of scope for the current release:
- Potential installation issues may occur, as the eSubmission builder is provided as ZIP file and not as signed installation routine
- The release is a single-user application, there is no support for multiple users and parallel usage
- The application runs as standalone desktop application - architecture is prepared to scale up to enterprise application
- The content is stored be referencing the current local path when attaching a file to a document version. This means that the current path is stored in the eSubmission builder and there is no upload to a server-based content repository. The content must not be moved / deleted after attaching it to a document version.
Browser compatibility issues. Supported browsers are Chrome (preferred) and Internet Explorer 11. Known issues with other browsers are:
- Microsoft Edge: top buttons disappear when selecting an item in a repository
- Firefox and Edge: Expanding a large ToC beyond the available space destroys the pane setup of the two right columns
CADDY-xml import with best guess approach, due to possible degree of freedom in current usage of CADDY-xml.
- Parsing of concentration and unit
- No evaluation of replace and retired lifecycle changes
- One ToC template available, no management of ToC templates
No functionality for
- clone dossier version to new project or to ToC template
- Advanced search in repositories (e.g. document author)
- Search for documents in a dossier
- Custom attributes, tagging, folksonomy
- Organisation of document repository to scale with larger amount of documents
- Display information in which dossier versions a document version is being used
- Support for usage with different database (currently H2 DB is being used). Application is prepared to work with other databases via JDBC connection
- The eSubmission viewer is used to view a publication. When the viewer remains open and the dossier version is updated and then the viewer is called with the updated publication, this publication is not reloaded, as the filename does not change. A future change in the eSubmission viewer is required. As workaround please close the tab in the eSubmission viewer before reopening the updated dossier version.
<< nothing reported >>
Raised feature requests
<< nothing reported >>
Last update: June 3rd, 2020